WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Camp Quality Northwestern Ontario is seeking volunteers to take on the role of Assistant Fund Development Director for 2013 and beyond.
Message from the director
Camp Quality NWO had another wonderful week at camp. This year our theme was "Music" and we not only rocked and rolled, but we experienced many other types of music as well, including classical, reggae, and country. The campers had an opportunity to make rain sticks and also their very own drum and then used these in a drumming session led by Sean Jesseau. The weather cooperated and we spent a great deal of time enjoying the water, tubing, swimming and fishing.
The highlight of the week was when Graeme released his CD and had a signing event where he personally gave each of us our very own copy of his song. Of course, camp would not be camp without our famous fireworks and wind-up dance party. "Oh What a Night!!!". For camp to be successful, it takes a team and I would like to congratulate the CQ Camp Organizing Committee and the over 60 volunteers who made it the success that it was. Without your commitment and dedication, it would not happen.
To top it all off, we will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary this summer so prepare yourselves for alot of FUN!
ASSISTANT FUND DEVELOPMENT
Fund Development is a vital role for our organization. Consider being part of the team that generates the necessary funds to keep the joy of Camp Quality going.
Volunteer will be trained in all aspects of Camp Quality fund development including:
- Lottery licensing and reporting
- Building an event budget and maintaining donor records (MS Excel knowledge a necessity)
- Donor solicitation campaigns
- Event planning (pre event and on site)
- 3rd Party event communication
- Seeking, training volunteers for fundraising events
- Making presentations and accepting donations as need arises
- Preparing thank you acknowledgements
- Grant writing
You will be working alongside the current Fund Development Director.
- A good knowledge of computers and MS Office skills. Enhanced training can be provided.
- Availability of transportation (mileage will be compensated)
- Ability to think outside the box and problem solve
- Availability evenings and weekends for meetings and events
- A current police check